Thursday, September 22, 2011

8. Art Critic

Art critics write  decide how they feel about the subject. They analyze the work and look for themes and messagesthat the artsit was trying to convey. They follow a basic set of art stardards by which they judge artwork. These include unity, movement, and emphasis.
Critics can either receive a bachelors degree in a writing-related degree such as communications, journalism, or English. They also need a degree in art. Unless they are self publishing in which case they require no formal education because their opinions are a reflection of themselves, not their employer.
Personally, I don't feel like I could ever critic another persons artwork because I feel that everyone should be able to express themselves and there's no wrong way to do it. I wouldn't know what to look for, and or how to compare it to other art work either. It is definately not a career that I am interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment